Welcome to Mom Life + Henry’s Top 5
Hi everyone, meet Henry! Henry is my 7 month old son, bestie, and best personal shopping assistant. You will be seeing him a lot in my feed and blog posts. I just wanted to do a quick introduction and share Henry’s story and his top 5 favorite things (based on smiles and giggles that is!).
Henry joined the fun on June 18, 2017 and our hearts have never been more full. Now leading up to that, was not so fun. Henry made this mama VERY sick. Anyone who knows me, knows I only felt good (as in put real clothes…well maternity clothes and makeup on) about 2-3 weeks out of the ENTIRE pregnancy. Yep, so for 30+ weeks, the girl who loves to dress up and look put together was GONE. Like Bye Felicia.
In all seriousness, pregnancy is the most amazing gift from God, but Henry definitely was playing some funny (or not so funny) games on me before he arrived. I had no idea what it was going to be like being a mom, but people weren’t kidding when they say you learn something new everyday and fake it until you make it 😉 It is hard to believe that my husband and I did not even attend a child birth class or any class for that matter. We just went into this whole parenthood thing cold turkey. For me, who is a control freak I might add, would not change a thing. I am the type of person that overthinks things to the max, so it was better to just “wing it” then spend weeks stressing over the obvious. Henry’s birth story was beautiful and I would not change a thing on how he entered our world. Thank goodness this boy made it easier than the actual pregnancy 🙂 I have to give all the credit for the actual labor and delivery to God but also Pure Barre, as well. Yes, I know I am a Pure Barre owner, so of course I am going to say that, but I promise you if I was not an advocate before I am 200% on the Pure Barre train. Pure Barre prepared my body in ways I had no idea possible. I was strong during labor and bounced back very quickly. It is truly amazing what that technique does for women, so check it out wherever you may live, I promise you won’t regret it.
This journey has been one of the best experiences I have ever had and I am so thankful God blessed us with this sweet boy. So, mom life. Yes, it is the best life, but lets be honest A LOT changes. Like, never being fully dressed without saliva or spit up on your outfit, or your baby having a massive blow out right when you walk into an event, which equals an outfit change for BOTH of you. Yes, the works! New moms- always have several on hand outfits for both of you at all times. I learned the hard way, not just once, but several times, ex: walking around target with poop on my pants and a naked baby searching for a new outfit for both him and I (As if Target did not already get enough of my money!). But, I can promise you there is no one I’d rather have by my side than this little guy! Coming up on 7+ months there is not one thing I would change about Henry or how my husband and I have handled parenthood because it truly has been the most fun and amazing experience we both have ever had.
I would have to say the greatest blessing for us as new parents was Moms on Call. I literally tell ALL my new/first time mamas about this best kept secret. Some may be reading this and know exactly what I am talking about, while others may be like what the heck is that? Well, Moms on Call can be two things. You can actually have an RN come to your house (about 1-2 weeks after the baby is born) and walk you through EVERYTHING you need to know + get 24/7 email access with that same RN for 6 months or you can simply buy the Moms on Call books. We chose option 1, have the RN come to our home and it was the BEST DECISION EVER! I am not kidding when my husband and I had no idea what we were doing! Yes, we loved kids, but we did not have much experience with them, plus you do not know all the little small things that may seem like no big deal until you are starring at this sweet baby and YOU are the one in charge; yep we needed the professionals. With the help of Moms on Call, Henry was in his room at 2 weeks and was sleeping through the night at 5 weeks….And all the mamas said AMEN! . So all my new mamas, do yourself a favor and check it out.
Okay, back to Henry. I am biased but Henry is the happiest boy. He is constantly smiling and his personality continues to develop daily, which is just the best. I know every baby is different and may like different things, but I am going to share Henry’s top 5 on what he is loving lately and link the products below.
- Pebble Rattles// Okay these are amazing. Henry does not like your typical teething toy, he’s special 😉 He loves anything with soft fabric. These are just the cutest rattles which he loves playing with, but also serves as a great teething toy. (Double the fun!) All my local gals, check out Crab and the Apple boutique in Crabapple- they have an amazing collection of them! Henry’s current favorite is the blue crab and giraffe!
2. Fischer-Price Entertainer 4-in-1 Step n’ Play Piano Activity Seat// I got this bad boy at Target (I mean where else, right). Henry LOVES music, which I think I have spoiled him because I am constant karaoke jammer singing to him, but when these vocals need a break…..This entertainer has my back. Henry has always loved standing so this works out great for him.
3. Teepee// Yes, I know he is way too young for a teepee, but we bought one for his playroom to do something fun for story time and tummy time. Let me tell you this has been so fun for both of us. Henry loves wiggling over to it and playing in his tee pee and I will read stories to him throughout the day underneath it pretending we are in a fort. Yes, I know, I am a total dork, but why grow up right?
4. Fischer Price 3 in 1 Sit, Stride, and Ride Lion// He loves this! We are more in the sit and ride stage, but I know he will be striding in no time. I love that he can sit and play with the balls and activities on the front of the lion and also practice holding onto the lion while standing. This guy sings too, so win/win for mama and her vocals!
5. Bright Stars Having a Ball Pop & Giggle// Henry literally has a ball every-time we play with this. (No pun intended!) This frog cracks him up with the bouncing balls flying everywhere. If you are looking for a easy entertainer, this is it!
Well thats it for now! I look forward to sharing more about my sweet boy and our family!
Ashley + Henry
Henry’s Outfit Details// Store: Crab and the Apple. Brand: Beaufort Bonnet Company
Visit Crab and The Apple by clicking here