New Blogger on the Block!
Hey, hey, hey! Post number one. Eeekkk I am so excited.
I am going to start by giving you a quick background of me. Sound good?!
I grew up in south Florida and moved to Atlanta when I was 13. You could say I am an orange and peach smoothie; a little Florida orange and a little Georgia peach mixed together for the perfect southern blend. Many argue that I am not a true southerner since I was born in Florida…but I beg to differ 😉 I went to Auburn University and graduated with a BS in Business and ventured back to Atlanta where I married my husband. I struggled for awhile trying to find my purpose and where God wanted to place me in my career. Back up a bit, I grew up with a younger sister who was born with severe medical issues, so most of my childhood I was living in and out of the hospital with my family. I always thought that God wanted me to be a nurse and even pursued Nursing school, but found out that was not the case and not apart of the plan at all. You know when you think you have it all figured out and you keep forcing YOUR plan, yet you keep arriving to shut doors. Yep, that happened to me. Every single time. Like to the point it was getting a bit ridiculous. Everything I tried to do and pursue was met by another closed door. That is when I let go and let God, that the doors with Pure Barre opened. Yes, an open door, finally! I had always been into health, fitness, and fashion so this was a perfect match. I learned quickly that I could use my gift of helping others in their physical and mental health by promoting a technique (Pure Barre) I believed in so much, I could fulfill my love for fashion by selling retail in our studio and diving into my creative space, and I could help build a community of women (men too!) who loved one another and could help form lifelong friendships that they wouldn’t of met otherwise. I look back and smile each day knowing that this door that took so long to open is finally wide open and each day is filled with another new client and another blessing of being able to impact every single person who walks through the doors. Not only do I get to do that, but I get to do it alongside my mom. Yes, my mom is my business partner, partner in crime, built in baby sitter, and bestie. It truly is the best. So if you are arriving at one closed door or many closed doors, trust me it will be worth the wait for the open door that is meant for you! I am so glad all of those doors closed on me because now I am blessed with a beautiful family, two sweet pups, and a life where I am constantly able to impact others.
So yeah, you may ask why start a fashion and lifestyle blog when I have all of that going on? Well, this is something I have wanted to do for a long time. Like a REALLY long time. I have a creative space that needs fulfilled and wants to be shared. I have been putting this off for so long and have recently witnessed and gone through a lot of different things to remind me that life is precious and what better time then now. So, ladies and gents the time is NOW and I could not be more excited to share, learn, grow, and get to know you all.
Top 10 about me:
1. I am a daughter of Christ and give all my credit to God. I love serving Him and following His plan He has for my life!
2. Two boys have stolen my heart; my husband and baby boy, Henry. Henry is kinda my favorite. He is like my built in best friend at all times and is the best shopping assistant. My hubby is too 😉
3. I am addicted to Pure Barre (I mean of course right?!) I do Pure Barre 6-7x a week. Lately I have put my workout routine into high gear because this gal is in baby bounce back mode 🙂
4. If it has ruffles on it, you better believe I am buying it. I mean, I bet you could’ve guessed that one.
5. My favorite food is a tie between Mexican and Italian. They are literally in a long going race and I am not sure if we will ever declare a winner. So when in doubt, have two favorites right?!
6. I am a sucker for Lifetime and Hallmark movies. It may or may not be a problem, but I am okay with it.
7. I love to travel and explore. I have had to put traveling and vacations on hold for awhile with Henry joining in on all the fun, but I am ready to get out and visit some new places. Ya’ll will have to tell me your favorites places 🙂
8. Believe it or not, as much as I love dressing up, there is nothing better than throwing on your favorite pjs or sweats and curling up on the couch. Fun fact: Every time I go into Target, I pass the PJs and 99% of the time a pair ends up in my buggie. Yep, totally cool with it!
9. Speaking of Target, I can’t be the only one that goes into Target for a few things or maybe nothing at all and then ends up spending like SO much money coming out with who knows what? Yep, didn’t think so, but I am totally guilty!
10. Fall is my favorite time of year. There is nothing better than crisp air, cozy sweaters, and pumpkin spice lattes.
Bonus- I am constantly smiling. I learned long ago, life is way to short to be nothing but happy and you are never fully dressed without a smile. So smile today friends!!
| Stuff to look forward too, duh! |
-Daily fashion forward looks (Check instagram/Instagram stories @ruffledwithgrace)
-Reviews on my favorite products (Myself & baby)
-And another reason why you should find a Pure Barre studio near you and join…you knew it was coming 😉
Comment below and tell me what you would like to see from me! Talk soon babes!