Go Shawty, It’s My Birthday 😉
Ya’ll, I cannot believe I am 26 today! Funny story, I have been telling people all year when they asked how old I was, that I was 26! It wasn’t until my husband was with me one of these times, and pulled me aside and said, Um…Ashley you are 25! #Oops. Basically, I have always thought I am older than I actually am. You could call me an old soul, I guess! So, I am super excited that today I can finally “officially” say I am 26!
You may know from my instagram stories, but my husband and family thought it would be fun to surprise me and take me on a trip where I have NO idea where we are going. The control freak and planner in me, is just a tad bit anxious but I decided to go along with their fun plan and pack my bag and just go with it. As you may know from my Instagram stories, we ended up in Charleston, SC! Charleston is one of my absolute favorite places so I am so happy to be spending my birthday here. We flew in yesterday morning and spend the day shopping, walked around looking at all the beautiful homes, ate lunch at S.N.O.B., followed by some more shopping and dinner at Magnolias. Y’all, I think my southern heart fell in love because their fried chicken was to die for! Today’s agenda includes following the itenterary my husband planned. I loved how my mom planned yesterday and today was my husband. I’ll keep y’all updated 😉
For fun, I thought it would be neat to share 26 facts about me. I love learning more about yall, after all that is exactly why I started this platform is to get to know you all, so I hope you enjoy learning more about me 😉
1. I met my husband attending Auburn University, WAR EAGLE! We dated all 4 years of college, where he proposed on Samford Lawn and have been married for 3 1/2 years.
2. I was born in South Florida, Boca Raton to be exact and moved to Atlanta, GA when I was 13 years old. I am still a Florida girl at heart and miss the beach a lot!
3. We have a son, Henry, who is the joy of our lives. He is almost a year- turns One on June 18. I was sick my ENTIRE pregnancy, I am talking hugging the bowl morning, noon, night, and into the night. I like to think I got all the “bad” stuff out of the way, because he seriously is such a good baby 🙂
4. I am addicted to Chex mix and pretzel bark thins. It may or may not be an actual problem ya’ll.
5. My favorite pastime besides shopping of course is being outside and being active. I love walking, hiking, biking, just anything outdoors.
6. Most days you can catch me in my #momgear and Pure Barre get-up aka leggings or shorts and a tank or tee. I do not get ready everyday for each picture I post. Oh, how I would love to do that and be put together everyday….but, lets be real I am a boy mom and chasing around a toddler all day.
7. We have two dogs. Annabelle, a golden retriever who is almost 4 and Remington “Remi”, a German Shorthaired Pointer who just turned 2. They are our furry kids and keep life exciting. I like to think I am taking care of 3 toddlers because they are a handful too 🙂
8. My favorite movie is Pitch Perfect. I mean there is something about that movie that makes me instantly want to join an acapella group or be a groupie #noshame.
9. My new favorite online store is Tuckernuck.
10. Next on my travel list is Maine, Nantucket, and Martha’s Vineyard.
11. If I could move anywhere with my family it would be Charleston. I am seriously in love with the gorgeous architecture and southern hospitality.
12. My perfect night includes going to a casual dinner and coming home to watch a movie and snuggle my family on the couch.
13. Speaking of couch, my husband and I take “Netflix and Chill” to another level. Anyone relate?! We always love watching new shows, so send any recommendations my way. Currently we love watching The Bachelorette (He totally loves it, don’t let him fool you), Chicago Fire/PD/Med, Quantico, and Station 19.
14. I have never been abroad and I want to travel outside of the country SO bad. I know with our growing family it won’t be anytime soon, but I would love to travel to Italy, Ireland, Greece, and Switzerland.
15. My go to outfit is jeans or white jeans with a fun top and accessories.
16. I am a brunch kinda girl. This girl loves eggs and pancakes 🙂
17. I have a younger sister, Ali, who was born with severe medical challenges and is a living miracle. I have seen God work in her life and it is the most rewarding gift to love her and call her my sister.
18. I am a go-getter. Like, I am an instant gratification type of girl. I like to think of this as a good but bad trait. I will do anything and everything for something I want, but sometimes don’t take a moment to think through things before acting on it. My husband is my sounding board and keeps me in check when I need it 🙂
19. I call my car the school bus because it is an XL Denali. I absolutely love it and I am glad we got a car that can fit all the things and then some on our vacations, but I sometimes underestimate how long I am and may or may not take out the curb at the Chick fila drive thru line.
20. Speaking of Chick-fila, need I say more. I am an addict. It has happened more than once that I have had it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Definitely no regrets there. But what is crazier (coming from a frequent flyer), I used to hate it. Yep, I know I can’t even believe I just typed that. When I met William, he would take me to Chick fila for lunch after classes in college, and I used to fake that I liked it because I wanted to be “cool” around him. We joke now and giggle about it.
21. My favorite color is pink. I am sure you couldn’t guess that one 😉
22. Let’s talk music, I love it all, well maybe besides the screamo/ punk rock! I am all over the place and go from pop, gansta rap, country, just everything. It was just today I was teaching Henry one of my favorite “classics”, jamming to Mariah Carey in the car.
23. I used to never drink caffeine, like at all. Everyone thought I was crazy and did not know how I got through college and my early adulthood/motherhood without it. However, I have gotten a little wild recently and am drinking non-fat chai lattes. They are so good.
24. I love interior decorating and finding new home projects to do. I absolutely love the farmhouse style and Chip/Joanna Gaines are my inspiration. If you walk into our home, you will definitely see a whole lot of farmhouse.
25. My husband said share what your favorite meal is to cook and we both looked at each other and he continued, “Wait, you’d have to cook first”…. LOL so true. Being a multi-unit business owner, mom, and wife, it does not leave a lot of time for cooking. Maybe one day I will get the hang of it. Feel free to share easy recipes, I clearly need some help!
26. I am always smiling and try to find the best in every situation, circumstance, and person. Life is so precious and I am thankful for this beautiful life!
Well, there you have it! I hope you enjoyed hearing some fun facts about me. Each year is a celebration of life, but most importantly a time of reflection and dreaming. Reflecting over the past year and thinking about all that happened, how you grew, and what you took away. Dreaming new desires and never stopping until you achieve them. This past year was pretty amazing to say the least. I experienced being pregnant with Henry and growing our family, Henry then being born, continued growth of our Pure Barre studios, new friendships beginning as old friendships came to an end, some heartbreak followed by restoring my mind and spirit, health and overall happiness, life lessons learned on how to be the best mom I can be, the best wife I can be, and celebration of the most wonderful community I get to be a part of through not only Pure Barre but blogging. This past year has continued to shape and mold me into the person, wife, mom, daughter, and friend that I want to be and I cannot wait to see what God has in store for 26!
Photography by: KVC Photography
Happy Saturday babes!